We are Esteem Digital, you may have landed on our website by searching Google for for many of the terms that we rank across the Midwest For.
Milwaukee SEO, Madison SEO, and Waukesha SEO are some of the most competitive keywords in the Midwest. If we can rank against our competition who do this for a living, then just imagine what we can do for your business.
You are losing revenue to your competitors if your website is not on page 1 of Google for your business, products, or services. You may ask, why do I need a SEO Expert on a local level? Because the internet has replaced the phone book and many other forms of advertising and they are searching online for local businesses that can meet their needs.
Imagine what we can do for your business by getting your website optimized and found on Google, Bing and Yahoo so you can dominate your competition. We’d like to provide you with a free consultation and website analysis, and then give you an honest assessment of the changes that we could make to improve your business. Contact us at 262-257-9707 to get started today! Discovery Form
How we can help you:
We often get asked by local businesses how they can get more traffic to their website. Here are eight starter tips that you should be implementing when building your own brand awareness. We also understand that you are busy and may not have time to implement these tips. Fill out our discovery form to have us take care of your digital marketing.
1. Is your website mobile friendly?
Run the test on your own website and see if you pass or fail this test.
2. Are you listed in the top 65 local business directories like yelp, yell and merchant circle?
- Google loves websites that are listed in many of the top local business directories. The reasons are two-fold.
- Firstly, a business that has taken the time to list themselves appears like a business that will be around for the long-haul.
Secondly, these directories can send traffic to your site and Google looks at referral traffic when determining rankings.
3. Are you setup on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube.
- Google loves websites that are listed in these top social networking sites. Again, The reasons are two-fold.
- Firstly, a business that has taken the time to list themselves appears to be more brand aware and Google LOVES brands.
- Secondly, these social platforms can send traffic to your site as already mentioned Google looks at referral traffic when determining rankings.
- An added benefit of being listed on these social networking sites is that it makes your business MUCH easier to be shared and recommended amongst your customers and their friends.
4. Is your website optimized properly?
- Figure out the keyword’s (words people search for) you would like to show up for in Google.
- Head to Google and do a search for those keywords and look at the top 10 positions.
- The blue text above a listing is called the “Title Tag” count how many of the top 10 have the keyword you just searched in the title tag.Check your website now, do you have your keywords in the title tag?There are a number of these “On-page SEO” factors that Google loves websites to have, the title tag is considered one of the most important. Read up on heading tags, meta tags and keyword density for additional help.
5. Is your contact information easily found?
- Is your telephone number in a prominent position on the page? People do not like searching or scrolling to find ways to get in contact.
- Make sure your telephone number is clearly visible at the top of the page, that it is in a font-size that is easy to read and a color that makes it stand out in an obvious way.
- Make sure you have a contact us page with your company name, address, telephone number and links to your social networking sites.
6. Do you have a video embedded on your website?
- Visitors watch videos – FACT!
- Having a video on your website will keep your visitors on your pages for longer.
- Google uses length of time on page to work out how good your website is compared to others.
- Having a demo of a product, a welcome message from the owner or an “explainer” style video of your services will keep people from leaving too quickly.
7. Are you showing testimonials on your website?
- Think back to the last time you bought a pair of shoes, or researched the next book you wanted to read. Where did your search start? If you’re like any other consumer, it probably began with customer reviews.
- Having testimonials and/or reviews on your website will improve your businesses chances of making a sale and will also keep visitors on your website for longer, as they read or watch them.
- Remember, having visitors stick around longer helps because time spent on your website is a Google ranking factor.
8. Do other websites link to yours?
- This is really, really important, when it comes to SEO.
- If another website links to your website it is the equivalent of receiving a thumbs up vote.
- Google likes websites with links because the link building side of SEO is considered a popularity contest.
- Not all links are considered equal, some are considered helpful while others are considered damaging.
Use http://ahrefs.com to check your link profile. Do you have a lot of links, hardly any or none at all? Top tip: Check out your competitors link profiles to see where their links are coming from. Building links on the same types of websites that they have links from is advantageous for your rankings.